Chicken and apricot tagine
• 1 tbsp oil
• 2 onions, finely sliced
• 1 clove garlic, crushed
• 2.5cm (1in) piece of fresh ginger, grated
• 1 tsp cumin
• 1 1/2tsp ground cinnamon
• 500 g (1lb 2oz) skinless and boneless chicken thigh fillets, chopped into large chunks
• 400g tin chopped tomatoes
• 250 ml (9 fl oz) chicken stock
• 100 g (3 ½oz) ready-to-eat dried apricots, halved
• 1 tbsp honey
• 100 g (3 ½oz) giant couscous
• Large handful coriander, roughly chopped
• 50 g (2oz) flaked almonds
1 In a large pan, heat the oil over medium heat and gently fry onions until soft, about 8min. Add the garlic, ginger and spices and cook for 1min until fragrant.
2 Add chicken thighs to the pan and fry until browned – about 5min.
3 Add the tomatoes, stock, apricots and honey and bring to the boil. Turn down the heat to a simmer, cover the pan with a lid and cook for 30min, stirring occasionally, until the chicken thighs are cooked through.
4 Stir in the couscous and simmer for 6min. Scatter over the coriander and almonds. Serve immediately with flatbread and yogurt.